Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Dancing Cheek to Cheek

Well I finally got one right. I will miss Cheeky. Not as much as Amanda but I will miss him nonetheless. Let that be a lesson to all the remaining Idol contestants, don't listen to Paula and don't listen to the Idol vocal coach.

Even though I didn't pick either Jason Castro or Syesha Mercado in the bottom 3 I was not surprised to see them there. I also was not surprised to see that Kristy Lee Cook was not in the Bottom 3. Her lucky streak continues, not only because she survived another week but also because she made it to country week, which will be next week with Dolly Parton as the guest mentor. Since Colt 45 is the only one of these cats who can warble like a country singer chances are good that she'll survive yet one more week, and she may not need to sing a patriotic song to do it.

I was surprised that they replayed Simon's comment about someone else picking David Archuleta's song, though Wonder Boy's "Gee, I don't know why he would say that?" reaction was no surprise at all. Of course Simon never said why he made that comment, probably because Stage Dad Archuleta was less than 10 feet away from Cowell and thus within leaping distance on live television. Can you imagine the buzz if there ever was a Jerry Springer moment on this show? I would get 200 hits for sure.

We found out tonight that Carly Smithson is not pregnant, she just didn't sing all that well, apparently because she was wearing a girdle or something to make her look thinner. We also learned that Ramiele Malubay downloads all the male contestant's songs on iTunes. I swear she's got to be sleeping with at least one, maybe two, of them. And apparently David Cook gets his ideas from songs he downloads from iTunes. I wonder if Chris Daughtry's album is available at the iTunes store?

You notice how the promos for the lame ass Idol songwriting competition never mentions the names of the two guys who won last year's competition? It's as if they don't want anyone to enter.

For those of you who wonder why I claim David Cook is imitating Chris Daughtry, check out this video of Daughtry's performance of "I Walk the Line" from Season 5:



The judges complimented Chris on how he stayed true to himself and how he took a well known song and made it his own. Sound familiar? Not that I have a problem with Rocker Dude, but it's such a blatant duplication of Daughtry that there's little wonder why Chris himself doesn't think very highly of this year's contestants.

You know what else is the same, Constantine was in the house both times. That dude has one hell of a shelf life.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

paula is the judge who has predicted every single winner of this show. whereas simon only predicted carrie. if i would listen to anyones advice, it is paulas.

Taij said...

Well I don't know... Last year Paula predicted Blake Lewis would win and two years ago she predicted Chris Daughtry would win, and I don't think either of them did. Your point about Simon's poor predictions, though, is well taken. I don't remember who he picked to win last year, but I do remember two years he predicted Kellie Pickler would win, and I don't think she did either.

My best advice to the contestants is not to listen to either of them, or to me for that matter.