Thursday, April 4, 2013

Idol Gives Back - Rock and Roll Edition

Rather than wait a week to comment on the eliminations and my fearless predictions I'm going to start posting my Idol Gives Back segments after the results shows. That way it's still fresh in my mind, earns me a few extra minutes of sleep on Wednesday nights, and perhaps could get this site a few more hits. Not like hits really matter though, kind of like Lazaro and song lyrics.

I guess there are still a fair number of tweener chicks and cougars who are still watching and power voting Idol this season. How else can anyone explain why Lazaro was not only still safe but in the Top 3 this week. After tonight I can all but guarantee that one of the chicks will be eliminated before Lazaro is, no matter how many lyrics he forgets or how whiny he is when Sole Survivor or Trained Seal question him about it.

With the tweener/cougar power block asserting itself like North Korea this week it's no surprise that Burnell was sent home instead of Lazaro, and it's no surprise that the judges didn't use The Save on him. I could easily imagine Nigel screaming in the judges' earpieces that they were only allowed to use their save on a chick. Not even Trained Seal sounded all that disappointed. That being said, I'd say the odds are better than 50/50 that The Save will be used next week and it won't be for Lazaro.

Has anyone else noticed that while the lowest ranked contestant is singing for his life that only the dude judges are talking and only to each other? I have yet to see either Jaws or Glitter Girl debate saving any of those eliminated so far. I'm not sure if it's because they both would vote yes no matter who it was or if there is some agenda going on here. I'd guess the latter is likely with Nicki and the former is likely with Mariah, but then what do I know?

See you next week. Trained Seal didn't announce the theme, perhaps he's waiting for someone to submit one as part of the latest contest.

No comments: