Thursday, April 18, 2013

Idol Gives Back - CounTree Edition

Well, this was in retrospect probably the least daring fearless prediction of the season. The only drama was whether or not the judges would decide to save Janelle, now that Nigel had lifted the ban on using the save now that there were no more dude contestants. The drama only heightened when the camera showed not just the dude judges talking during the Sing for the Save but also the chick judges. Usually Sole Survivor and Mr. Kidman exchange recipes while Jaws and Glitter Girl just sit there like Simon used to do. This time around Mariah was in on the conversation from the start. Nicki was her usual self but eventually even she exchanged a few words with Randy. The final vote was 2 and 2, but of course Sole Survivor didn't say which were yes and which were no. Well, at least he revealed the vote this time.

I was surprised to see Kree in the Bottom 2, Maybe she has gotten a little too predictable. Or maybe people got turned off by the caked on make-up she had last night. No matter, she's the only country chick left now so she still has a shot.

I do like that they did a feature on hometown chick LaToya London from Season 3. She's gotten lost in the shadows compared to her divamates Fantasia and Jennifer Hudson so I'm happy that Nigel was able to track her down and give her a video, as opposed to just a shout out from Trained Seal that Jordin Sparks got tonight.

Since this may be Idol's last season I thought I might do some reminiscing of my own. First up will be a post to my favorite Idol contestants of seasons past and present. Yes, LaToya's on that list, as well as a few others that you might be able to easily guess from checking out the archive, if you care. I'll also list my least favorite Idol contestants and perhaps a special tribute to the judges and tor-mentors. If I have the time and mood I might even check my fearless predictions of the futures of Idol contestants from my season recaps and see how close I came.

No comments: