Thursday, April 11, 2013

Idol Gives Back - Adios Edition

Sure enough, the first week that I pick Lazaro to not be eliminated is the week where he is eliminated. However, as I said last night (or should I say earlier today), I'm happy to have been proven wrong. I'll take one for the team.

All the judges (even Andy Cap) were surprised that Amber was in the bottom group again. Even though I didn't pick her for elimination this week I'm still not surprised. She's a great singer and looks like a million bucks, but that'll only get you so far when you're playing it safe while your competitors are not. She needs to do what Candace did last night; pick a song that no one would expect you to sing and then sing it like its never been sung before. Sing a U2 song instead of a Beyonce song. She's got the voice to do this, but only if she's willing to try. So far she hasn't been, and that's why she keeps getting fewer votes than what the judges think she should. Just do it Amber, you'll thank me later.

So Nigel's master plan is complete, all the dudes are gone. Well played Nigel, well played. Too bad you sacrificed half your audience in the process. So now the question is, will the judges use their save next week now that only chicks are left and they'll lose it if they don't use it? We've got a week to contemplate that deep thought. Til then...

No comments: