Sunday, May 25, 2008

Sobbing in Salt Lake

Check out this report of the reaction in Salt Lake City to Wonder Boy losing to Rocker Dude:



Pretty sad in a number of ways, depending on your perspective, age, and gender. Check out some of the comments left on You Tube:

"wow yall who are just clicking on this video to make fun of Archuleta's fans are jerks. We were really upset that he placed second. David Cook is being so nice to David A...why don't yall learn from his example?"

"HAHAHAHAHOMG!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm SOOOOO Happy David Cook won!!!!That video made my day! Nothing against Archie-Gaspy.... well.... you know what I mean ;)But yeah, I was so glad and relieved when Cook won, he honestly deserved it by a mile!He took risks the whole season, he was good and had a personnality.Archie was stage-strucked, couldnt respond to simple questions from Seacrest, and had to have a teleprompter and ear-phones to not forget his lines...Don't hate me Archie fans. Go COOK!"

"i was like them on wednesday!"

"why dont you learn to suck it up and just show your appreciation to BOTH davids. but i guess you cant do that because youre stuck day dreaming that archuleta "is what the show is all about." hahahahah i spit on that. daydreaming is what you have been doing."

"I like to see YOU get on that stage in front of millions and NOT have any issues. SHAME on you. Yes David A. has to grow up but I bet you all that he will mature into a gracious, talented singer. I could never do it. Someone told David Cook to come off his high horse, in the beginning he was arrogant, a real turn-off. Nothing wrong with being confident, but he crossed that line. He's come around and that's great. More power to him."

"sniffle...ha ha was it me or did it look like those girls were faking it just to get on tv? i'm from blue springs, and i never watched a single episode, but i still find this funny. poor losers."

"It's just a title folks. David A. is getting a contract, and is making all the same celebrity rounds as David Cook. Let's face it, David Cook appealed to more people and a larger demographic (something outside of pre-teens and teenagers). Don't hate on Cook. As someone said, Utah is a small state, there are many of us in other states that supported Cook. Also, hate to burst your bubble, but I've seen many International posts that claim to love David Cook, especially in the Phillippines."

"I'm from the Philippines, and I love David Archuleta, not Cook."

"I am seriously pist. I am mortified. This has to go down as the very worst decision in American idol history, all of the idols combined history, and reality tv history. Jealous losers and degenerates are responsible for this crap. DAVID ARCHULETA RULES. David Cook = Ryan Leaf With A Mic."

"You know Cook only won because of the votes . And I think that when it comes to talent in singing Archie is the winner . So don't feel so sad because we know the reason why Cook got the title (it's only because of VOTES not because of his TALENT!) :P"

With comments like these you'd think the decline in ratings among the teen and pre-teen set was grossly exaggerated. These people are PASSIONATE about their David! I especially loved the last comment that claims that Rocker Dude only won because of the votes. It is supposed to be a competition where the most votes wins, isn't it?

Thanks to Votefortheworst.com for posting the video.

I have completed my lengthy (and I'm serious about that) recap of American Idol Season 7 and will post it here in the next day or two.

No comments: