Thursday, April 10, 2008

Dream Until Your Dreams Come True

I didn't see this elimination coming, not that I have a problem with it :)

So now I don't know if the results are rigged or not. When I saw Carly and Syesha both in the Bottom 3 I was getting excited because I felt that, as I said Tuesday night, I would know whether or not this whole gig was rigged by which of those two left the show. Then comes the big curveball that struck me out looking. I would guess judging from everyone's reaction, including Ringer Girl's, that I was not alone. It might, though, add credence to another theory that I have, that the Idol producers determine who leaves the show up to a point and then let the votes decide things the rest of the way. That may have happened tonight, or I may be becoming more like my Dad in dreaming up conspiracy theories. No matter how it was decided, Poser Mate is gone and my day has been made. I wonder if the band that he ditched will now take him back?

I thought it was kind of sad to see Ryan again try and fake some tension by hinting that Michael may in fact stay since it was Idol Gives Back week, only to break the news and send the poser home. I also noticed how Ryan dropped Chris Daughtry's name when giving Jordin Sparks her platinum album awards.

To show how out of touch I am, I didn't know that they gave out awards for one million downloads. I also didn't recognize about 1/3 of the celebrities in the goofy celebrities video. I only recognized the song in the video, "I'm A Believer", because it's about as old as I am. I also found it odd that the show and the charity thing last night featured a bunch of celebrities acting goofy, all except Jim Carrey, who makes a living by acting goofy but played it straight with his promo tonight.

We also learned tonight that Simon has apparently connected with America but that John McCain still needs to work on that, that Reverend Al and Reverend Pat can co-exist on the same beach at the same time if Al Gore pays them a lot to do it, that Paula looks pretty damn fine when she doesn't say anything, that Teri Hatcher should not be allowed to sing on national television ever again, that ukuleles cost as much as decent watch, that the ratings for the charity show are not as good when everyone knows that there will not be any results announced, and that Rocker Dude and the Ambiguously Gay Host appear to share the same hair stylist.

Someone pass me a big tinny of Victoria Bitter, I'm in the mood for some tonight.

No comments: