Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Dagger Through the Heart

It's palaam for Ramiele Malubay. Such a sweet girl to be voted off so soon. Let this be a lesson to all of you. You may have the greatest voice in the world but if you're afraid to sing the big notes no one will ever hear it. At least Ramiele gets to go on the tour, unless of course she's still out to sea with Rosie and Danny. I am amazed, though, that she was still able to sing her farewell song. If there was anybody who I thought would accept Ryan's offer not to sing it would have been her, and while she was sitting next to Ryan when he introduced Dolly Parton it looked like she was in the midst of a stroke.

I love Paula's explanation for why Ramiele was in the Bottom 3: "It comes down to connecting with the audience." I love it because last night Paula complimented Ramiele for connecting with the audience. I kid you not. I rewound the DVR and checked just to be sure. Now I know that alcohol can inhibit memory retention but this is just ridiculous.

Syesha survives and I am 1-3 so far, though I did pick Pinoy's Lullaby to be in the Bottom 3. And once again Kristy Lee Cook is in the Bottom 2 yet somehow survives. I was not surprised to see either her or Brooke White in the Bottom 3, after all I've only been picking these two to be in the Bottom 3 every week since the start of the finals. The only reason I didn't this week was because I was too tired of looking like a fool. Colt 45's run on being in the Bottom 2 week after week yet somehow surviving does amaze me. Brooke White, though, is just getting to be annoying. Can she for once just shut up and take her compliments like a man?

You notice everyone who has been voted off so far are the ones without prior record deals or TV reality show appearances and all the so-called "ringers" are still in the competition? This does not bode well for David Cook, who is now the only non-ringer left (if you don't believe me you can look it up on Wikipedia like I did). That high blood pressure problem of his might have just gotten worse. Good luck, Rocker Dude, it's 7 pros against the 1 amateur and you're it.

It's nice to see the winners of the other singing competition, the one with the bands that I stopped watching after about 10 minutes last summer, get some screen time. They sure aren't getting any attention anywhere else.

I've found that the best way to watch the Idol medleys is with the TV on mute. Perhaps next week I'll try that with the phone call segment and see if it works there too.

Looks like Phil Stacey, Squidward from Season 6, has found a home in Nashville. So apparently has the original Idol rocker Bo Bice. Yes, even Chris Daughtry was not a true original. I still find it hard to believe that Bucky Covington of all people has a record deal.

Next week Idol Gives Back and I hopefully will get a break from having to predict a loser, unless Ryan is going to tease us and suggest that Wonder Boy is getting voted off during the results show/telethon.

No comments: